Virtual Tour: Irby Complex
Irby Complex is home to classrooms, laboratories, and faculty offices. Because of enrollment growth and program expansion, two new wings were added to the original Irby Hall in 1998, adding six state-of-the-art classrooms and six faculty offices. These classrooms have incorporated the latest technical advances. Tiered seating offers individual computer connections at each student station.
The original building is named for Stuart C. Irby. The west wing is named for Stuart M. Irby and the east wing is named for Stuart C. Irby, Jr. Stuart C. Irby served for many years on the Belhaven Board of Trustees as well as his grandson, Stuart M. Irby. The original building was completed in 1960, and at one time housed many of the first male students who attended the College after it became co-educational in 1954.