Bachelor of Business Administration
Business Administration, Finance, Marketing Management
Dr. Chip Mason,
Dean, School of Business
The Bachelor of Business Administration degree educates students in a manner that will enhance their opportunities for success in their chosen careers. As a Christian liberal arts college, Belhaven emphasizes the importance of Christian values and ethics in business. With this foundational Christian curriculum, Belhaven's business degree provides a well-rounded education with an emphasis in each of the following areas: Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Management, and Marketing. Students in this department are encouraged to apply for one of the numerous internships made accessible through Belhaven's relationships in the business community.
The Belhaven University School of Business has been recognized by Business Reform Magazine as one of the best Christian Business Schools in the country. It was praised for job placement, biblically focused curriculum, and quality of faculty. Successful Alumni have found careers in financial accounting, management, government, retail, and public administration at prestigious businesses around the country.
What will I study?
- International Business
- Ethics/ Business Law
- Finance and Accounting
What can I do with a degree in business administration?
Careers in business administration include:
- Management/Leadership positions
- Banking and Financial jobs
- Start your own business
- Insurance and Investments
- Marketing and Sales
- Business as Missions overseas
Why choose a Business degree at Belhaven University?
- Faculty with a wide variety of backgrounds and professional experience
- Program includes resident business persons who visit and interact with students
- Several concentrations available
- Emphasis on Christian ethics and Christian Worldview in the workplace
- Instructors who are willing to have one-on-one interactions with students
- Multi-national student body that allows exposure to multiple cultures
- Internationally accredited Business Programs (IACBE)
What kind of opportunities will I have in my major that will contribute toward my career?
- Internships and Site observation opportunities to assess successful businesses
- Opportunity to join and participate the Future Business Leaders organization
- Career orientation and boot camps with potential employers
- Participation in Ethics Symposium
- ENACTUS competition attracts Fortune 500 recruiters
What are Belhaven University Business graduates doing now?
- Running successful businesses
- Graduate School
- Working sales and Marketing positions
- Insurance broker trainees
- Banking managerial trainees
- Leaders in Government /non-profit agencies
Belhaven’s business school is accredited by the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education. Why is this important?
Knowing the School of Business is accredited by the Assembly for Collegiate Business Education tells you that Belhaven University voluntarily holds itself to a set of quality standards and is willing to allow outside business experts come to campus and verify Belhaven is doing what we say we are doing. Belhaven’s commitment to the accreditation process benefits you because it ensures you will be provided a quality education. Additionally, it may assist you in meeting eligibility requirements for state and federal financial aid and in pursuit of graduate education.