Offering 70 areas of study including academic majors and concentrations and a 12:1 student to faculty ratio for the traditional undergraduate program, Belhaven provides a close-knit learning community where students see the college's vision and mission lived out in the lives of faculty members.
View the Faculty Directory.
Faculty Worldview Papers
As a part of the tenure process, faculty members at Belhaven write a paper expressing how they integrate the Christian Worldview into their classes. Click on the links below to read the selected papers.
- Gaddis, Angela, “Integration of Christian Faith and Social Work Practice”
- Georgia Miller, “Teaching Mathematics with a Biblical Worldview and a Historical Perspective”
- Bob Pennebaker, “Seeing Art from a Christian Worldview”
- Stephen Phillips, “Worldviews and Political Science: The Superiority of a Christian Worldview”
- Stephen Sachs, “Follow-Up Tenure Paper”
- Randall Smith, “Making or Mining Sense? A Comparison of the Philosophical and Methodological
Presuppositions of Secular and Biblical Approaches to Teaching and Practicing Creative Writing”
- Ravenna Tucker, “Footsteps of Jesus: Dancing in the Christian World”
- Robert Waltzer, “Origins and Biological Science: A Christian Response to Secular Challenge”