B & U Day for Freshmen
June 15-16, 2017
What is B & U Day?
Freshman B & U Day is a time for new students to meet with a faculty advisor to schedule their classes for the fall semester and to complete necessary business items before school begins, such as having an I.D. card made, finalizing financial aid, setting up a payment plan, etc. It also gives you the opportunity of spending the night with your roommate and getting to know others in the freshman class.
See highlights from past B&U Days.
When will it be?
The date is set for Thursday and Friday, June 15-16, 2017. Registration will begin at 4:00 pm in the Student Center (see campus map).
Who should attend?
All freshmen that have been accepted for admission to the university, and their parents, are encouraged to attend. There will be programs provided for parents.
Will meals be provided?
Yes! Dinner on Thursday and continental breakfast and lunch on Friday will be provided for students and parents.
How do I register?
Fill out the online form. Be sure to include what you plan to major in, even if it is “undecided.” We will assign you an advisor based on your intended major. Note: Online registration has now closed. Contact the admission office for more information.
What should I bring with me to B & U Day?
- Casual clothes
- Comfortable shoes
- Toiletries (towel, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc)
- Bedding (sleeping bag or sheets and pillow)
- Spending money (to purchase your books that might be available & other Belhaven paraphernalia)
- Sweater or jacket (just in case)
- Your Belhaven T-shirt (if you have one already)
- Your official final high school transcript with graduation date (if you haven't sent it to us already)
- Vehicle information (if you plan to have a car on campus when you move-in in August)
- A smiley face (for your Belhaven ID)
Can I spend the night on campus?
Yes! We strongly encourage students to spend the night in the residence halls so that you can get to know your roommate and others in the freshmen class. However, parents will be responsible for their own lodging. Here are a few suggestions:
- Cabot Lodge Millsaps- 601-948-8650 / 2375 N. State, Jackson (2 blocks from Belhaven)
- Courtyard by Marriott- 1-800-321-221 1 / 6290 Ridgewood Court Drive
- Holiday Inn Express - 1-800-315-2621/112 Ridge Way, Flowood (near airport)
- Drury Inn - 601-956-6100 /610 East County Line Road, Ridgeland
- Bed and Breakfast options near Belhaven:
What if I cannot attend B & U Day?
We strongly encourage students to attend. This is a student’s time to interact with other incoming freshmen and sit down with their advisor to map out their fall schedule of classes. However, if you cannot, please fill out the online form and select “will not attend”. In the weeks following B & U Day, your admission counselor will make sure you are registered for classes for the fall and will mail your schedule to you.
Thursday, June 15
|1:00 p.m.. - 4:00 p.m..||Advocates available to speak with parents about financial aid
Student Center – 2nd floor
|3:00 p.m..||Placement test|
|4:00 p.m..||Residence Hall check-in
|6:30 p.m..||Activities for Students – Auxiliary Gym
Parent Talk – session just for parents with a group of current student parents (6:30 p.m.. - 7:30 p.m..) – Barber Auditorium
|9:00 p.m..||Time of worship - for students only
University Village Courtyard
|9:30 p.m..||Enjoy residence life|
|Friday, June 16
|8:00 a.m.||Continental Breakfast – for students that spend the night|
|8:00 a.m.||Check-In for those that did not arrive on Monday
Center for the Arts – Concert Hall foyer
|8:30 a.m.||Welcome/Instructions for the day
Center for the Arts - Concert Hall
|9:30 a.m.||Students - Blazenet training and assessment|
Parent session – financial aid/student accounts overview
|10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m..||
Security Office will be taking pictures for student IDs
|11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.||Lunch
Dining Commons – Student Center
|11:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m..||
Advocates available to speak with parents about financial aid
|10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.||Advising/Registration|