B & U Day for Freshmen
June 5-6, 2014
What is B & U Day?
Freshmen B & U Day is a time for students to meet with a faculty advisor to schedule their classes for the fall semester and to complete necessary business items before school begins, such as having an I.D. card made, setting up a library account, setting up an internet address, etc. It also gives you the opportunity of spending the weekend with your roommate and getting to know others in the freshman class.
See highlights from B&U Day 2012.
When will it be?
The date is set for Thursday and Friday, June 5-6. Registration will begin at 4:30 pm in the Student Center (see campus map).
Who should attend?
All freshmen, who have been accepted for admission to the university, and their parents are encouraged to attend. There will be programs provided for parents.
Will meals be provided?
Yes! Dinner on Thursday and continental breakfast and lunch on Friday will be provided for students and parents.
How do I register?
Online registration is now closed for Freshmen B & U Day. Please call 1-800-960-5940 for more information.
What should I bring with me to B & U Day?
- Casual clothes
- Comfortable shoes
- Toiletries (towel, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc)
- Bedding (sleeping bag or sheets and pillow)
- Spending money (to purchase your books that might be available & other Belhaven paraphernalia)
- Sweater or jacket (just in case)
- Your Belhaven T-shirt (if you have one already)
- Your official final high school transcript with graduation date (if you haven't sent it to us already)
- Vehicle information (if you plan to have a car on campus when you move-in in August)
- A smiley face (for your Belhaven ID)
Can I spend the night on campus?
Yes! We strongly encourage students to spend the night in the residence halls so that you can get to know your roommate and others in the freshmen class. However, parents will be responsible for their own lodging. Here are a few suggestions:
- Cabot Lodge Millsaps- 601-948-8650 / 2375 N. State, Jackson (2 blocks from BC)
- Courtyard by Marriott- 1-800-321-221 1 / 6290 Ridgewood Court Drive
- Holiday Inn Express - 1-800-315-2621/112 Ridge Way, Flowood (near airport)
- Drury Inn - 601-956-6100 /610 East County Line Road, Ridgeland
- Bed and Breakfast options near Belhaven:
What if I cannot attend B & U Day?
We strongly encourage students to attend. This is a student's time to interact with other incoming freshmen and sit down with their advisor to map out their fall schedule of classes. However, if you cannot, please fill out the online form and select "will not attend". In the weeks following B & U Day, your admission counselor will make sure the student is placed into class for the fall and will mail their schedule to them.
|4:00 p.m.||Event and Residence Hall check-in – Student Center|
|5:00 p.m.||Dinner – Student Center|
|6:30 p.m.||Activities for Students - Pavilion|
|9:00 p.m.||Time of worship – for students only - Barber Auditorium|
|9:30 p.m.||Enjoy residence life|
|8:00 a.m.||Residence Hall Check Out Begins|
|8:30 a.m.||Continental Breakfast – Center for the Arts (CFTA) – main lobby
Check-In for those that did not arrive on Thursday evening
|9:15 a.m.||Welcome/Instructions for the day – CFTA – Concert Hall|
|10:30 a.m.||Blazenet training for students – assigned times – check your folder|
|11:00 a.m.||Parent Talk – session just for parents|
|10:30 a.m. -
|Security Office will be making pictures for student ID
Student Center – 2nd floor – Joy Lackey
|11:00 a.m. -
|Lunch in the Dining Commons - Student Center|
|12:00 noon -
|Advising/Registration – assigned times – check your folder|
| Bookstore Hours
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
See what fun we had at B&U Day!
"Last summer I came to B&U day at Belhaven to sign up for my classes and prepare for school in the fall. However, the part that I enjoyed most was getting to meet some of my future classmates. We had fun activities that made it easy to get to know people. Throughout the weekend I met my roommate and some of my best friends today. B&U day really got me excited to be starting school in August."