Visual Arts Scholarships
We are excited about your interest in studying visual arts at Belhaven University. At Belhaven, we place a high value on our fine arts programs: in fact, we are one of only 36 institutions in the U.S. nationally accredited in ALL of the arts: dance, theatre, music, and visual art. We are the only Christian university to hold this honor. We take our fine arts programs very seriously!
The foundation of your financial aid award will be your academic scholarship, which is determined by your GPA and ACT score. After your portfolio review, you may be eligible for additional aid based on your level of achievement and family financial need.
- Apply to Belhaven to begin the process of your acceptance to the University.
- Submit/report your high school GPA and either your ACT or SAT test scores. Based on this information, we will offer you an academic scholarship that recognizes your academic achievement.
- Plan a campus visit for a portfolio review by one of our visual arts professors. Your portfolio will be taken into consideration as we complete your final scholarship award package.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA will let us know how much federal assistance OR Belhaven need-based assistance you are eligible to receive. Regardless of what you think your family might qualify for from the federal government, we STRONGLY encourage you to complete the FAFSA, as Belhaven's grants are typically more generous than the government estimates.
- When we have all your information (academic record, portfolio, and FAFSA), you will receive a comprehensive financial aid package influenced by all three of these factors.
- Feel free to contact the admission office at any time (1-800-960-5940 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more or to meet with an admission counselor.