Caldwell Hall houses 100 female students. The typical double-occupancy room size is 11’ by 16’, each of which is equipped with super HD TV service with dedicated DVRs, as well as free Wifi with 1 Gbps (Gibabit per second) broadband Internet access. Bathrooms are located on each floor, and have just recently received a complete makeover. Two Resident Assistants live on each floor, and a professional Resident Director lives in an apartment on the first floor. A cozy lounge with a hardwood floor and comfortable furniture is on the first floor, along with a small community kitchen, piano, vending machine, and a public restroom. Majestic pine trees shade a large terrace just outside the lounge. The free use of laundry services are available in the basement level.
Caldwell Hall is named for Mignonne Caldwell. She was a voice teacher at Belhaven for many years and founder of the original Singing Christmas Tree, a time-honored tradition at Belhaven University.
Description of Caldwell rooms:
2 Desks (with 2 desk chairs)
- Outside Dimensions - 29.5" H, 42" W, 24" D
- Two Side Drawers - 20" D, 12.5" W, 4" H
- One Side Drawer - 20" D, 12.5" W, 10" H
2 Bookshelves (fixed to walls, with two shelves)
- 24" W, 12" - 14" H
- Outside Dimensions - 29.5" H, 36" W, 24" D
- Two Drawers - 32.5" W, 20" D, 4" H
- One Drawer - 32.5" W, 20" D, 9" H
2 Beds (with the option of bunking)
- 85" long, 36" W, 72" H
- 80" extra-long mattresses (require extra-long twin sheets)
- 37"W, 52" H
- Window Covering: Blinds
Number of outlets: four
Floor: Light gray tile
Internet: Two hardwired T-1 lines and building-wide wireless access.
Mirror on wall
2 Towel bars or hooks
Blueprint of Caldwell Room
Click on image to see an enlarged view of the room layout and dimensions.
Caldwell Hall is a women's residence facility.
* All measurements and details are approximate. Some rooms may vary from the standard.