Catalogue: Online Campus
Courses of Instruction: Associate of Arts Degrees
Associate of Arts
- A total of 62 semester hours is required to earn the associate degree.
- The last 17 semester hours of course work must be earned at Belhaven University.
- Satisfaction of Belhaven's general education requirements.
Written Communication Skills: Six semester hours
Literature: Six semester hours
Science: Four semester hours
Math: Three semester hours
History: Six semester hours
Biblical Studies: Nine semester hours
Business: Three semester hours
- Successful completion of all courses taken at Belhaven University with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Payment of all tuition and fees.
- Applications for degree completion audits must be made online by the deadlines listed in the calendars at least eight months prior to the anticipated degree completion. Failure to do so on schedule may result in a delay in the ceremony participation or receipt of diploma.
Associate of Arts
The Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree program provides adults with an excellent foundation in the liberal arts while preparing them for continued studies. The curriculum develops the adult learner’s sensitivity to human values and capacity for critical thinking.
A.A.: 62 hours to include: BIB 214, 215, BIO 125 or PHY 125, BUS 280, ENG 103, 108, 203, 204, HIS 108, 205, MAT 202, WVC 301 and elective hours.
Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies
The Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies prepares students for further study in biblical ministry.
A.A. in Biblical Studies: 62 hours to include: BIB 214, 215, BIO 125 or PHY 125, BUS 280, ENG 103, 108, 203, 204, HIS 108, 205, MAT 202, BIB 302, 310, 315, 316, 318 and 331, and electives.
Associate of Arts in Business
The Associate of Arts in Business prepares students for further study in business administration or management.
A.A. in Business: 62 hours to include: BIB 214, 215, BIO 125 or PHY 125, BUS 280, ENG 103, 108, 203, 204, HIS 108, 205, MAT 202, WVC 301, BBA320, BUS320, BUS326, ECO210 and elective hours.