Commencement Information for Jackson Campus
Jackson Commencement Exercises - Saturday, December 14, 2013
Congratulations upon your anticipated graduation from Belhaven University. We are providing information for students and families as you prepare for commencement services.
Download Letter from the Registrar for information on clearances, regalia and tickets, appropriate dress, arrival time, line-up and processional, diploma march, diploma pick up Information and other important information.
Commencement Exercises will be held on December 14, 2013, at 9:30 a.m. at Thalia Mara Hall, 255 East Pascagoula Street, Jackson, Mississippi. (See map below.)
Regalia & Tickets
Regalia & Tickets (11 tickets per graduate) Pick Up will be Tuesday, December 3, 2013, from 11:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. on the 2nd floor of Preston Hall (outside the Registrar’s office).
- Regalia/tickets will not be released until all balances and holds are cleared.
- If you are unable to pick up regalia and tickets on December 3rd, you must contact the Registrar’s office to make arrangements to pick up regalia/tickets and/or to confirm your plans to participate in the ceremony.
- Regalia and tickets for Memphis or Houston students will be mailed directly to your campus after regalia pick up day.
- Regalia and tickets for Virtual students OUTSIDE of the Jackson area will be mailed to your home address after regalia pick up day.
- If arrangements are not made by December 6th, regalia will be returned and tickets redistributed to other graduates.
Report to Thalia Mara Hall by 8:30 a.m. dressed in your academic regalia for lineup. You should report to the large room located on the bottom floor. Attire under regalia shall be Sunday Church attire.
Walking Cards and Honor Cords will be distributed during line up. Honor Cords will be given to those Baccalaureate candidates who have completed their degree requirements and have earned the appropriate GPA. For Honors Calculations, please see the Belhaven Catalog or Graduation Information on the Registrar’s webpage.
Pictures must be taken prior to 8:30 a.m. on the ceremony date as gowns and hoods must be returned immediately following the ceremony. There will be NO school sponsored group photograph.
Your name and degree WILL be printed on your diploma as it appears on the card you received in the mail. No name changes will be allowed after the completion of your degree. All name change forms and proper identification need to be submitted by November 22, 2013.
Thalia Mara Hall
255 East Pascagoula Street
Jackson, Mississippi 39201
Photos will be posted in a new album on the Belhaven University FaceBook site in the days following the commencement ceremony.
Go to https://collegerings.herffjones.com/ to purchase class rings and make sure to select Belhaven University.
Lee Craig, Coordinator of Ceremonies, 601-968-5922