Commencement Information for Orlando Campus
Thursday, December 11, 2014, 7:00 pm
- Where: First United Methodist Church of Orlando
142 E. Jackson Street
Orlando, FL 32801
- Deadlines: November 21 is the deadline for the verbiage and payment for student dedications to be included in the program.
- Regalia: Regalia will be available for students and faculty to pick up, starting December 2 at the Orlando campus from 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- Seating information: Commencement is in the sanctuary. Please let us know if special seating is required.
- Photographer: Griffith Photography will be taking pictures at 5:30 p.m. before the ceremony.
- Commencement Speaker: Mr. Brad Rex
- Questions: If you need further information or have questions, please contact Karen Gates or Heather Miller at 407-379-0114.
Mr. Brad Rex
The speaker for commencement is Brad Rex, CEO of a management consulting company called The Brad Rex Group, LLC. He is the author of The Surpassing! Life: 52 Practical Ways to Achieve Personal Excellence. Rex previously served as Executive Vice President and Chief Customer Officer for Hilton Grand Vacations, the vacation ownership division of Hilton Hotels Corporation. He led Disney's Epcot theme park for six years prior to joining Hilton Grand Vacations and spent 12 years at Disney, including leading the strategic and financial planning for Disney Parks and Resorts.
His professional history is also highlighted by a series of pivotal Marketing, Sales and Financial roles with The British Petroleum Company throughout the United States and in London, England. Rex is a graduate of the United States Naval Academy, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree. He served as a Nuclear Submarine Engineering Officer onboard USS ANDREW JACKSON during his five years of service with the United States Navy. He also holds a Masters Degree in Business Administration from the Harvard Graduate School of Business.
Rex has served in a number of volunteer organizations, including former Chairman, Greater Orlando Leadership Foundation/Lifework Leadership; Treasurer, Florida Hospital Cardiovascular Board; Elder, Discovery Church and Board Member, K-Life Orlando and Orlando Regional Director, Men at the Cross. Rex has been married to his wife, Nancy, for 30 years. They have a son and twin daughters.