Dual Credit Admission
High Scholars Dual Enrollment allows qualified students to achieve a total of 24 college credits during the two years that they are in the program. The student’s transcript is from Belhaven University and credits are transferable to other accredited colleges and universities.
Upon completion of this two-year program, students may be exempt from Belhaven’s Worldview Curriculum if they attend Belhaven after high school.
To apply for Belhaven High Scholars you must complete the following requirements:
- Fill out Belhaven’s online application for dual enrollment, making sure to indicate which year and section you prefer and a 2nd choice (see schedule on academic calendar page).
- Submit the $25 non-refundable application fee to Belhaven. Pay online.
- Complete and submit the Computer Requirements Questionnaire.
- Submit a signed High School transcript. This transcript can be created and signed by the parent if Home Schooled. You do not need to wait until the end of the current school year for this. Just list the in progress grades.
- Submit official academic transcripts from all higher education institutions attended (if any). Transcript request form.
- Provide a letter of recommendation. An essay and/or interview may be requested if student does not meet minimum requirements for acceptance.
- Submit an official ACT or SAT score report. Belhaven’s ACT institutional code is 2180; its SAT code is 1055. Testing information can be found by clicking on ACT or SAT. If your student has not taken this exam, let us know the date in which it will be taken.
- Once you have been accepted you will receive an invoice from Belhaven University and you can make tuition and resource fee payment arrangements.
*Danny Shaw is our High Scholars admission counselor and he will help you with the Belhaven Dual Enrollment Admission Process.
Documents should be sent to:
Office of Admission,
1500 Peachtree St.
Jackson, MS 39202
For questions about the curriculum or schedule contact: Mari Fredericks (601-951-0747) or Sheri Anderson (601-968-5942)