Traditional Nursing Scholarships
We are able to offer institutional nursing scholarships based on GPA and ACT scores. In order to see if you qualify, you must:
- Apply to Belhaven to begin the process of your acceptance to the University.
- Submit/report your high school GPA and either your ACT or SAT test scores.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
When we have all your information (academic record, portfolio, and FAFSA), you will receive a comprehensive financial aid package influenced by all three of these factors. Feel free to contact the admission office at any time at 1-800-960-5940 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or to meet with an admission counselor.
Mississippi Nursing Scholarships/Grants
Nursing Education Loan/Scholarship BSN (NELB)
In order to address Mississippi’s nursing shortage, the State awards loan/scholarships of up to $4,000 per academic year to nursing students who commit to one year’s service in professional nursing in the interest of public health in Mississippi for each year of loan received.
Mississippi Nurses Foundation Scholarships
The Mississippi Nurses Foundation provides scholarships, stipends and grants to nursing students and registered nurses throughout the state of Mississippi who are pursuing degrees in nursing. To learn more about the Mississippi Nurses Foundation scholarships, please call 601-898-0850.
- School of Nursing Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is awarded to senior nursing students.
- Georgia Ann Benard Hall Award of Excellence - This $500 scholarship is awarded to African American nursing students who are members of the Mississippi Students Nurses Association.
- Nurse Oneita Dongieux Award for Excellence - This $500 scholarship is awarded to nursing students in good academic standing.
- R.H. Green Foundation Scholarship - This scholarship is awarded to minority nursing students from the Jackson metropolitan area.
Nursing Scholarships Outside of Mississipppi
Lippincott Williams and Wilkins Book AwardTylenol Future Care Scholarship