Graduate Teacher Education Students
These documents and links are made available for our graduate teacher education students.
- School of Education Institutional Standards
- Graduate Studies Catalogue
- Teacher Education Handbook (PDF)
- Alternate Teacher Certification/License Verification Form (PDF)
- Belhaven University Request for an online Institutional Verification (PDF)
- Lesson Plan Format (PDF)
- Application for Graduation Exam (PDF)
- EDU 503 Dimensions 1 2 Data Form (PDF)
- EDU 503 Internship Log (PDF)
- Education Accomplished Practices (PDF)
- Student End-of-Course Survey (PDF)
- Work Related Attendance Waiver Request (PDF)
- Taskstream web site
Applying for a Mississippi Teacher’s license ONLINE
All students applying for a license must have an account online. If you already have a license, you can review your information for any updates (address, name changes, etc.)
The School of Education will still need a hard copy for our files of the license application, indicating your area of initial endorsement and any additional areas of endorsement.
We will verify all scores and areas of initial endorsement, you must be sure that BU has a copy of any required Praxis test scores. You may either bring your licensure application form to our office or it can be faxed, mailed or scanned and emailed to our office. Once we have all information, BU will complete the Institutional Verification Form online.
You are responsible to submit to the MDE your official transcripts (Request your BU transcript be e-scripted –online or in business office). You must also submit any required Praxis test scores (for initial or MAT 3-year license). Test scores are not required for the MAT 5-year or Master’s degree license if they have been sent previously.
To begin the process for applying for your license: Go to www.mde.k12.ms.us. The home page will give a tab for ‘Educators’: follow the link to the Educator License. Follow instructions to complete your own personal account. This will enable you to track your progress on what has been sent to MDE and to renew or add endorsements to your license or upgrade to another level (A to AA). You must complete the application online to apply for your license.
1. The candidate utilizes knowledge of content in creating learning opportunities that makes subject matter meaningful and useful and promote the growth and development of all students.
2. The candidate designs and manages learning environments that accommodate a diverse population, provide for individual differences, and enhance student achievement.
3. The candidate selects and implements a variety of instructional methods and teaching strategies that develop students' critical thinking, problem solving, and performance skills.
4. The candidate determines appropriate assessment instruments and analyzes assessment data to monitor and document student learning and to improve instruction.
5. The candidate employs the tools of self-evaluation and reflection and utilizes available resources to support professional growth and to promote school improvement.
6. The candidate integrates the Christian worldview in building inclusive learning environments that address the needs, perspectives, and diversity among students, families, colleagues, and communities.