We are excited that you are interested in pursuing your desire to major in theatre at Belhaven University. At Belhaven, we place a very high value in providing the highest quality fine arts programs. In fact, Belhaven University is one of only 36 institutions that is nationally accredited in ALL four of the arts: dance, theatre, music and visual arts. We are the only Christian College to hold this honor. We take our fine arts programs very seriously!
The foundation of your financial aid award will be your academic scholarship, which is determined by your GPA and ACT score. After your audition, you may be eligible for additional aid based on your performance level and family financial need.
Here are the specific steps you need to follow:
- Apply to Belhaven so that we can begin the process for you to be accepted to the University.
- Submit/report your high school GPA and either your ACT or SAT test scores. Based on your interest in theatre, we will offer you an academic scholarship that recognizes your academic achievement.
- Make plans to come to campus to audition with one of our theatre professors. Your audition will be taken into consideration as we complete your final scholarship award package.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA (available January 1). The FAFSA will let us know what amount of federal assistance OR Belhaven need based assistance you would be eligible to receive. No matter what you think your family might qualify for from the federal government, we STRONGLY encourage you to complete the FAFSA as Belhaven's grants are typically more generous than the government might indicate you could receive.
- After we have all your information (academic record, audition, and FAFSA) you will receive a comprehensive financial aid package that is influenced by all three of these areas.
- Please contact the admission office at 1-800-960-5940 or email@example.com to learn more or to meet with an admission counselor.