Virtual Tour: Raymond Hall
In the past Raymond Hall has been used for many purposes. When this two-story building was built in the summer of 1940 it contained four apartments and intended to be used for faculty apartments. But its original use was as a practice house for home economics classes. In 1956 this facility was converted into a small men's dormitory when Belhaven, for the first time, became a coeducational campus.
Raymond Hall is now the home of the Belhaven Blazers Athletic Departments. All men and women athletic programs including football, baseball, basketball, soccer, softball, volleyball, tennis, cross-country and golf are located in one central location.
This building was named in honor of Dr. T. W. Raymond, president of Mississippi Synodical College from 1891 to 1921.